Mijo Alanis opened the first Beyond Juicery + Eatery in 2005 alongside his wife, Pam Vivio, after working in the restaurant industry for many years.
The couple founded the fast-casual concept in response to seeing how customers’ needs were changing. They noticed that people began to trade fries for salads and knew they could create a business to fill the void of healthy food options in Michigan.
With more than 25 restaurants open across the Midwest, Mijo is committed to growing the Beyond Juicery + Eatery brand while maintaining the brand’s commitment to “be the best part of someone’s day.”
Follow Beyond Juicery + Eatery on LinkedIn and Instagram.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- Brand overview for Beyond Juicery + Eatery
- How Mijo came up with the concept
- The major brand differentiators for Beyond Juicery + Eatery
- How Mijo encourages Beyond locations to get involved with the community
- Beyond Eatery’s culture and how it plays a role in the day-to-day operations at each restaurant and when deciding if a franchisee is the right fit
- The ideal franchise candidate and target markets
- What’s next for Beyond